The Operational Center of satellite communication,
Ltd. was organized in April, 1992 on the basis of the Moscow research-and-production association the "ASTRA"
(Aster) (head Moscow research radio engineering institute)
within the framework of realization of the State conversion program on an effective utilization of throughput of
departmental geostationary space retransmitters in interests of a national economy
with the purpose of:
- creations of earth stations of a satellite communication with the small aperture of antena
- networks organization and the lines of a satellite communication with their help.
Center of Satellite Communication, Ltd. was reorganized in Satellite
Communication Centre, Ltd. in 1993. Founders of
SCC Ltd. are its employees and heads of Joint-stock
company TELECOM (the former Ministry of the industry of a communication
facility). Amount of employees of the company is
about 40 persons.
Now the basic directions of activity of the SCC
Ltd. are the works on creation of satellite communication
- Designing and creation of engineering networks and systems: communication, broadcasting, TV; development of the budget documentation; assembly and starting-up and adjustment works (the license of the Federal License centre at Gosstroy of Russia G081852 registration number FLC N11199 from June, 4 1999);
- Granting services of local and long-distance telecommunication (the license of the Ministry of Communications of Russia N5878 from 07.02.1997);
- Development, manufacturing and delivery of stations of a satellite communication (the decision of the State Committee on radio frequencies of Russia N679-OP from 29.12.1999);
- Warranty service of stations of a satellite communication;
- Training the attendants;
- Registration of allowing documents on the right of operation of stations.
During the activity the company has made installation and adjustment more than 150 stations of a satellite communication located in Russia, near and distant foreign countries included in networks of communication RUNNET, INSTAR, ASTELIT, CONSATCOM and TeleRoss.
Now Ministry of Railways of the Russian Federation, Concern Minenergoatom of the Russian Federation, joint-stock company Telekomnefteprodukt, joint-stock company of News Communications, Railway armies, the Russian segment of a satellite communication realizing the Contract about prohibition of tests of nuclear weapon and other organizations
build the departmental networks of communication
using the stations "Polus - SCC-DC" and "CENTER".